- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Start this incredible 8-day journey through Vietnam from Hanoi and end in Saigon. Be exposed to French Colonial architecture in Hanoi, cruise on your very own traditional wooden junk boat in Halong Bay, and discover a world of underground guerrilla warfare at historic sites including the Cu Chi Tunnels in Saigon.
We highly recommend that you take a boat ride down the Mekong River on your last day in Saigon where you can attend a local coconut processing workshop and ride a bicycle through the green rice fields. Experience all the highlights of Vietnam in this jam-packed AVG tour.
Hanoi (2N) – Halong Bay (1N) – Saigon (3N)
- Wander ancient pagodas, French colonial buildings
- Experience traditional street life of Hanoi Old Quarter
- Explore and enjoy the stunning of Halong Bay by a traditional wooden Junk boat
- Stand astounded at hustle and bustle Saigon
- Travel into an underground world of guerilla warfare, Cu Chi Tunnels
No details found.
Hanoi ArrivalDepart for Hanoi – Vietnam’s capital. You will be met at the airport and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Meal: N/A. Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Hanoi City TourThis morning, take a Hanoi city tour to Temple of Literature, Ho Chi Minh complex and Tran Quoc Pagoda. Meal: Breakfast. Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi. Optional Hanoi Street Food Tour Enjoy a walk around the Old Quarter in the afternoon and have a taste of Northern Vietnamese delicacies such as stuffed pancake, Banh My, stuffed sticky rice balls, the unique egg coffee and many more.
Hanoi – Halong BayTake a 3.5-hour transfer by bus from Hanoi to Halong Bay, one of the World Seven Wonders. Embark on the cruise and visit the stunning Halong Bay with beautiful caves. Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. Accommodation: Overnight Cruise in Halong.
Halong Bay – Flight to SaigonAwake early and join a Tai Chi session on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Explore the amazing rock formations of Halong Bay then meet your driver at Halong jetty for a drive back to Hanoi. Afterwards, get ready for a flight to Saigon. On arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel for check-in. Meal: Breakfast. Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon.
Saigon City Tour – Cu Chi TunnelsAfter breakfast, take a Saigon city tour to Ho Chi Minh Notre Dame Cathedral, Post Office, War Remnants Museum and have fun shopping at Ben Thanh market. In the afternoon, continue to Cu Chi Tunnels. Meal: Breakfast, Lunch. Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon.
Saigon Free DayToday you are free at leisure. Meal: Breakfast. Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon. Optional Mekong River Cruise Tour Embark on a cruise to Ben Tre river and visit brickwork, coconut processing workshop, a local village making sleep mattresses. Continue taking a motor cart (xe lôi) or cycling through the green rice fields and vegetable plains. Lunch is served at the restaurant riverside. In the afternoon, sail through water palm creek by rowboat and get back to Hung Vuong Pier for departing to Saigon.
Saigon - DepartGet ready for a flight back home. Meal: Breakfast. Accommodation: N/A.
Home ArrivalYou will arrive home today. Meal: In-flight. Accommodation: N/A.
- International and domestic flights.
- Accommodation and meals in the itinerary.
- All local boat rentals and cycling as mentioned in the program.
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the program.
- Water bottles during tours.
- Transportation by air-conditioning vehicles.
- Local English-speaking tour guides.
No details found.
No Details Found
- Surcharge of AUD300 for departures from Adelaide, Canberra & Brisbane and AUD350 for departures from Perth.
- Surcharge of AUD200 for departures in September, AUD400 for departures in April and July and AUD800 for departures in January , February, December.
- Surcharge of Standard AUD165 Premium AUD240; Luxury AUD465 for Single Supplement
- Surcharge of AUD200 for Trip Extension (Administrative Fee only, No Service included).