- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Kota Kinabalu(3N) – Selingan Island(1N) – Sepilok(1N) – Sukau(3N)
Despite being the third largest island in the world, Borneo is the hidden gem of Asia and definitely worth the visit. Here, you will find an abundance of rich jungle and untouched
waterfalls, neighbouring islands, and unique city landscape with gold decorated buildings including the Kota Kinabalu Mosque.
Journey to Selingan Turtle island where you can observe the incredible breeding ground for the endangered Hawksbill and Green turtles by boat – truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. You will forget about the modern world as you immerse yourself in Borneo’s biodiverse treasure-house of jungle and marine life.
- Trek through the jungle trail and swim on Gaya Island, the biggest island of Tunku Abdul Rahman Park.
- Soak in the rejuvenating hot sulphur public pools in Kipunghit Waterfall
- Visit some of the most eminent centres including Sepilok Orang Rehabilitation Centre, Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre and Rainforest Discovery Centre
- View unique birds and wildlife along the Kinabatangan River, the Sabah’s longest river
- Enjoy a romantic candle light dinner overlooking the riverbank
No details found.
Kota Kinabalu, BorneoDepart for Kota Kinabalu to start your amazing Malaysian journey! Meals: In-flight Meals Accommodation: N/A
Kota KinabaluYou will arrive Kota Kinabalu this morning. Our friendly tour guide will be waiting for you at the airport then transfer you to the hotel for check-in. Spend a rest of a day at your leisure. Meals:In-flight meals Accommodation: Hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu – Gaya Island – Kota KinabaluAfter breakfast, you will be picked up at your hotel then take a 30-minute speed boat to Gaya Island, a Borneo’s biodiverse treasure-house of jungle and marine life. On arrival, start your adventure on a jungle trail and explore the unique tropical plants. Enjoy lunch (picnic box) by the beach then spend the afternoon at your leisure to go swimming, snorkel or just relax at the beautiful beach before returning to Kota Kinabalu. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch Accommodation: Hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu – Mt Kinabalu – Kota KinabaluTake a 2-hour drive to the foothills of Mt.Kinabalu in the UNESCO World Heritage Kinabalu Park, one of the world’s most important biological sites with more than 4,500 species of flora and fauna. Stop en route by Pekan Nabalu Market to enjoy the various seasonal tropical fruits. On arrival at the foothills, get ready to stand astounded by the astounding view of Mt.Kinabalu, the highest mountain in the Malay archipelago (4,095m). Later, head to Kinabalu Natural History Gallery and Mountain Garden. If weather permits, go on a guided tour to explore the verdant forest laced with cool montane air. Continue to Poring Treetop Canopy Walk where suspension bridges constructed with ropes, steel cables and a series of aluminium ladders bolted together at 41m high offer a different view of the jungle. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch Accommodation: Hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu – Sandakan – Selingan IslandThis morning, you will take a flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan then set off to Selingan Turtle Island, a nesting beach and breeding ground for the endangered Green and Hawksbill Turtles by boat. Spend today at your leisure to go swimming, snorkel or just relax at the beautiful beach. After dinner, you will have a chance to observe Green Turtles lay eggs then the rangers will transplant the eggs to the hatchery and release the baby turtles on their first journey into the sea. Meals: Lunch, Dinner Accommodation: Hotel on Selingan Island
Selingan Island – Sandakan - SepilokThis morning, you will return to Sandakan by boat. Stroll through a town market selling local fishes, assorted snacks and seasonal tropical fruits. Afterwards, visit Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple located on the top of the hill, offering a panoramic view of Sandakan Bay. Later, you will learn the history of the oldest buildings in Sandakan at St.Michael’s and All Angels Church, then visit the famous American author’s Agnes Keith House to discover the place adorned with reproduced colonial furniture and many other significant objects. Continue a journey to Sim Sim Floating Village and Sandakan War Memorial Park built to commemorate those who sacrificed their lives during World War II. Have lunch then head to Rainforest Discovery Centre where you can immerse yourself in a botanical wonderland. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch. Accommodation: Hotel in Sepilok
Sepilok – SukauAfter breakfast, get transferred to Sepilok Orang Rehabilitation Centre to witness how orphaned Orangutans are cared and rehabilitated. Afterwards, visit the Borneo Sun Bear Conservation Centre where you can see the world’s smallest bear. Later, embark to Sandakan and check in the fascinating Sukau Rainforest Lodge nested on banks of Borneo’s Kinabatangan River. In the evening, you will hop on a short River Safari Cruise. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Accommodation: Hotel in Sukau
Sukau – Kanabantangan River – SukauIn the morning, take a Safari River Cruise on Kinabatangan River to Oxbow Lake to explore the Borneo’s diverse wildlife. Continue to Hornbill Boardwalk for an educational tour. In the afternoon, join an Orangutan Talk Activity before continuing your cruise trip to discover the wildlife. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Accommodation: Hotel in Sukau
Sukau – Menanggul River – SukauIn the early morning, take a Safari River Cruise along the Menanggul River to continue exploring the wildlife then go onshore to discover the 90-meter high Gomantong Caves where you can see various bats and birds. Return to Sukau. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Accommodation: Hotel in Sukau
Sukau – Sandakan – Depart for homeReturn to Sandakan by boat then take a flight back home. Meals: Breakfast Accommodation: N/A
Home ArrivalYou will arrive home today. Meals: N/A Accommodation: N/A
- International & regional domestic flight
- Accommodation and meals as in the chosen category or similar (subject to availability).
- All local boat rentals and cycling as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled water during tours
- Transportation by air-conditioning vehicles
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Local English speaking tour guide
How to book
- Step 1: Customer selects one of our ready-made tour packages along with your preferred travel date based on the availability calendar.
(In case you request a free quote for your planned vacation, simply fill in this Customize Request Form: http://www.asiavacationgroup.com.au/customize/ ).
- Step 2: Complete the Booking Form
- Step 3: One of our Representatives will contact you within 24 hours to confirm your booking request.
Please note that customers must book at least 90 days prior to departure to ensure your desired travel date and time.
- A deposit of AUD199 per person upon booking to secure your travel date.
- Final Payment is due at least 60 days prior to departure. Once this payment is made, any prior payment is strictly non-refundable.
- If the Final Payment is not completed by the due date, your booking will be cancelled and all prior payments are strictly non-refundable.
- Invoices will be sent to you through Email, please take responsibility to ensure payments are made on time.
- Meals, Drinks and any Service not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Visa fee to Malaysia (If you need assistance with your Visa, please request it upon filling in Booking Form).
- Tipping for driver and tour guide (not mandatory) & personal expenses.
- Travel Insurance
- Trip delay or interruption by airline schedule change.
- Extra cost or missing tour caused by flight delay or cancel.
Travel Insurance: We highly recommend purchasing the Travel Insurance package as soon as you pay the deposit for a piece of mind. Please refer to Travel Insurance for further information.
Tipping: Tipping is not mandatory. However, it’s appreciation and expectation. We suggest 5$/pax/day tipping.
No Details Found